- Serve with Us! On the third Friday of each month, volunteers from Lamington Church meet at 11:00AM at St. John’s Episcopal Church (158 West High Street, Somerville) to prepare and serve a hot meal for the SHIP’s Galley Soup Kitchen. We meet next on Friday, April 21. We will need six to eight volunteers each month. Questions? Please call the church office at (908) 572-7013.
- Study with Us! Join us for Adult Bible Study on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-7:30PM in the Gladish Room. Our studies in Lent draw on the stories of Jesus in the Gospel of John to weave an understanding of God’s generosity to us. Interested? Please contact Rev. Jacqui Van Vliet at (908) 572-7013 for further information.
- Create with Us! We need people to make prayer shawls. If you knit or crochet or would like to learn, we would enjoy your fellowship and could use your help. Common Threads Ministry gathers on Tuesday evenings at 7:30PM in the Gladish Room.Interested? Please contact Dyanne Diaz-Piedra at (908) 439-2689 or Debby Johnson at (908) 832-7230.
Palm Sunday - April 9 at 10:15AM
Maundy Thursday - April 13 at 7:00PM
Good Friday Faure's Requiem - April 14 at 7:00PM
Easter Sunday - April 16 at 9:00AM & 11:00AM
(Egg Hunt immediately after 9:00AM Easter worship )
Saturday, May 13, 9:30AM - 4:00PM
Preview Night- Friday, May 12, 6:00PM - 9:00PM
Even with snow on the ground, we are starting our annual labor of love to make this year’s Basket Day the best ever. Here are three ways to be part of our community of supporters:
1. Become a Basket Day Patron. For the next three Sundays (March 19, 26 and April 2), we make it easy for you to sign up for Basket Day patronage during coffee hour in the Gladish Room. Or if you prefer, a letter will arrive soon explaining what it means to be a patron with an easy-to-return response.
2. Sign up to help. We still have plenty to do—big and small tasks. It’s a great way to get to know others and form lasting bonds and friendships. See Meridith Scott for opportunities.
3. Invite your friends to come. Flyers are available for your use in the Gladish Room.
Any questions, ideas or comments? E-mail or call:
Meridith Scott, Basket Day Chair Erin Mistele, Patron Chair
(908) 797-6805 (908) 391-8314
Basket Day is calling for treasures: While LPC’S basement is filling up, we still need your treasures for both the Treasure Tent and Silent Auction.Like last year, we are setting up a staging tent for contribution drop-offs on three Sundays—April 23, 30 and May 7 from 12:00–2:00PM. Please box or bag your wonderful treasures and meet us at the staging tent on one or all of these dates and times. We accept all things in good condition; however, please no stuffed toys and Christmas decorations. Clothes, purses and shoes should be gently used and “designer" quality.If in doubt, don’t throw it out! Trouble with the drop-off schedule? Contact Treasure Tent Co-Chairs Julie Goetz at (908) 313-8336 or Dana Miller at (917) 304-5061.